How to import a classic Land Rover?
Importing into the EU :
Importing a classic Land Rover which has already been registered in an other EU country is very easy.
You only need :
– the original certificate of registration of the country of origin OR an OFFICIAL paper from the Traffic Department from the country of origin wich replaces this certificate.
– an invoice that proofs the ownership of the car
– the car must have an original and readable VIN number ( = chassis number )
Importing into the USA :
Importing a classic Land Rover is relativily easy when you meticulously follow the law.
– The car must be at last 25 years old (no safety or crash requirements / no EPA or DOT requirements)
– The car must be 100% original.
This means the original engine, the original wheels, the original chassis.
Another engine from a younger model is NOT allowed.
A restored and galvanised chassis is NOT allowed.More modern wheels are NOT allowed.
After the car is imported you are off course free to make certain changes to your car.
– The car must have an original and readable VIN number
– You must have an invoice to proof the purchase and ownership of the car
– You must have documentation stating the age and VIN number of the car
This can be the original certificate of registration or an OFFICIAL paper from the Traffic Department from the country of origin that replaces this certificate
If you want to import into the USA a Land Rover that does not meet these requirements we advise you to contact the Law Office of William M. Hedrick, PLLC Wake Forest, North Carolina.
They are specialised in this matter.
You can find more information on their website: www.defenderofdefenders.com